Recipe by anni
One of my very favorite recipes (can't recall where I got it anymore)... easy and so delicious! Even non-lamb eaters like this one. This reheats very well. I serve it with a salad and pita bread.
- 1 boneless leg of lamb (approx. 3-4 lb.)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (10 ounce) bagof prewashed fresh spinach, chopped
- 5 cups cooked orzo pasta
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese (I use a lot more)
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts (to garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from meat. Cut to fit into 3.5-6Qt. slow cooker. Combine oregano, lemon peel, garlic, and salt in small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over lamb and rub lightly. Place lamb in crockpot. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high 4-5 hours.
- Remove lamb, discard fat, chop meat and set aside. Add spinach to cooker (with juices), stirring until spinach is wilted. Add cooked orzo, feta, and lamb; stir to mix.
- A sprinkling of toasted pine nuts (pignoli) is a nice touch.