Recipe by mikey & ev
from Cooking Light. Super tasty and healthy burgers! I thought they were a little small (so if you're making them for really hungry people, count on this recipe maybe giving you 4 servings). Other than that, the flavor and texture was amazing. I served it on Melhada rolls with some spinach and tzatziki sauce. Cooking Light suggests serving it in a pita.
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 lb lean ground lamb
- 3⁄4 lb ground turkey breast
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill.
- Combine all ingredients being careful not to overmix. (I found it helpful to use a rubber spatula to "cut" and fold the meat to combine).
- Divide mixture into equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch patty.
- Place patties on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer registers 165*.
- Remove from grill; let stand 5 minutes before serving.