Recipe by TasteTester
I'm always on the lookout for slow cooker recipes that I think my family will enjoy, and I found this one on Woman's Day magazine.
Top Review by fleetstreet1
excellent recipe for inexpensive piece of lamb...cooked overnight..let cool during day..skimmed excess fat off..reheated to eat..added handful of pearl barley (as a thickener) so i could use liquid from beans and artichokes.
- 2 lbs boneless lamb shoulder, visible fat trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon greek herb seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 19 ounces can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 13 3⁄4 ounces can whole artichoke hearts, cut in half
- 3 cups Baby Spinach (3 ounces, I would use a little more since it cooks down so much)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- crumbled feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix lamb pieces, tomatoes, onion, garlic, Greek seasoning, salt and pepper in a 3 1/2-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours until lamb is tender when pierced.
- Mash 1 cup beans. Stir mashed and whole beans, artichoke hearts and spinach into cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 15 minutes or until spinach wilts and mixture is hot. Stir in lemon zest; sprinkle with feta and serve.