Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
I'm always on the lookout for slow cooker recipes that I think my family will enjoy, and I found this one on Woman's Day magazine.
- 2 lbs boneless lamb shoulder, visible fat trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon greek herb seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 19 ounces can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 13 3⁄4 ounces can whole artichoke hearts, cut in half
- 3 cups Baby Spinach (3 ounces, I would use a little more since it cooks down so much)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- crumbled feta cheese
- Mix lamb pieces, tomatoes, onion, garlic, Greek seasoning, salt and pepper in a 3 1/2-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours until lamb is tender when pierced.
- Mash 1 cup beans. Stir mashed and whole beans, artichoke hearts and spinach into cooker.
- Cover and cook on high 15 minutes or until spinach wilts and mixture is hot. Stir in lemon zest; sprinkle with feta and serve.
excellent recipe for inexpensive piece of lamb...cooked overnight..let cool during day..skimmed excess fat off..reheated to eat..added handful of pearl barley (as a thickener) so i could use liquid from beans and artichokes.