7 hrs 15 mins
I'm always on the lookout for slow cooker recipes that I think my family will enjoy, and I found this one on Woman's Day magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless lamb shoulder, visible fat trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 14 1/2 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon greek herb seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 19 ounces can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 13 3/4 ounces can whole artichoke hearts, cut in half
- 3 cups Baby Spinach (3 ounces, I would use a little more since it cooks down so much)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- crumbled feta cheese
- 1Mix lamb pieces, tomatoes, onion, garlic, Greek seasoning, salt and pepper in a 3 1/2-quart or larger slow cooker.
- 2Cover and cook on low 7-9 hours until lamb is tender when pierced.
- 3Mash 1 cup beans. Stir mashed and whole beans, artichoke hearts and spinach into cooker.
- 4Cover and cook on high 15 minutes or until spinach wilts and mixture is hot. Stir in lemon zest; sprinkle with feta and serve.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Lamb & Spinach Stew (Slow Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (430 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.7
- Calories from Fat 300
- Total Fat 33.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 108.8 mg
- Sodium 606.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 32.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herb seasoning mix