- 8 lamb shanks, frenched
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 onions, thickly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 400 g marinated artichoke hearts
- 3⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place lamb and flour in large plastic bag and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in pan and add lamb in batches and cook until browned.
- Heat remaining oil and cook onions and garlic stirring until onions are soft.
- Combine wine, stock, rind artichokes and olives in a large jug.
- Place lamb in slow cooker pot and pour liquid mixture over lamb.
- Cover pot with lid.
- Cook on high setting for 4 hours or low setting for 8 hours.
- Stir in oregano and salt and pepper just prior to serving. Taste and adjust seasoning if required.