Recipe by kitchenslave03
From Cooking Light June 2008. I like to add toasted pine nuts, feta cheese and crushed red pepper.
- 591.47 ml onions, chopped
- 177.44 ml carrot, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 340.19 g lean ground lamb
- 236.59 ml uncooked long grain rice
- 1.23 ml ground cinnamon
- 396.89 g low sodium chicken broth
- 236.59 ml plum tomato, chopped
- 59.14 ml flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 29.58 ml of fresh mint, chopped
- 44.37 ml fresh lemon juice
- 3.69 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat large nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Add first 4 ingreds to pan; cook 5 min, stirring to crumble lamb. Stir in rice and cinnamon; saute 2 minute Stir in broth; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 min or til liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; stir in chopped tomato, 3 T parsley, mint, lemon juice and salt. Cover and let stand 5 minute Sprinkle with remaining parsley.