Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
Feta cheese, oregano, garlic and a hint of lemon add to the pleasant flavor of these lamb patties.
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Combine first 7 ingredients in large bowl.
- Add ground lamb and mix well.
- Divide into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into 1/2 inch thick patty.
- Heat skillet on medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add patties and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side until no longer pink inside.
These were terrific! I didn't have a lemon so I used a lime and it was fine! I will make these again for sure!
This sounds amazing, I just know it will be good. I can't wait to make it. Does anyone recommend a particular type of sauce that you would put on lamb burgers? I've never had them before.
Very good Marie, I made these on my indoor grill, this quite similar to the recipe I usually make, I did increase the garlic and oregano by quite a lot, I seasoned with seasoning salt and black pepper, omitted the oil because I grilled them, Great lunch for my DH! thanks, Kitten:)