Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
Koftas are really tasty and a bit like a meatball of a skewer. In fact, these can always be made off the skewers as meatballs if you wanted to switch them up a bit. I originally found this recipe in a British cooking magazine.
Top Review by glenntara
Definately add salt and pepper and some chopped parsley is nice. I like this quick, easy recipe - I serve over cous cous with garlic yogurt on top along with a grek salad- simple and healthy.
- 17 1⁄2 ounces ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all the ingredients until well blended.
- Divide into 8 balls, then roll each ball on a board with a cupped hand to turn them into ovals.
- Thread onto 4 metal skewers and brush with oil.
- Heat the pan (a griddle pan works well) until you can feel a good heat rising and cook for 3-4 mins each side. Don't turn until they are well sealed or the meat will stick to the grill or pan.
- Season if you want, and serve. They are nice drizzled with a bit of yoghurt.