Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Coming from "Greek Roots" I have been indulging myself for years cooking dishes from the "Old World" and creating my own along the way. Here is my latest creation, so good and easy to make.
- 4 -6 small t-bone type lamb chops (thick cut)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Cavenders All Purpose Greek Seasoning, adjust to taste ((found in most stores, spice section)
- 1 cup dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian cut green beans or 1 (14 ounce) can frozen Italian cut green beans
- 3⁄4 cup instant rice
- 1⁄2 cup Burgundy wine (optional)
- In a large skillet, medium coat lamb chops with the Greek seasoning and brown with the olive oil.
- Remove chops and add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, cinnamon, parsley and the remainder of the Greek seasoning (do not drain the olive oil). Stir and sauté sauce mixture for approx 10 min on low-med heat uncovered.
- Return chops to the center area of pan and spoon on sauce mixture. Note: It is important that you turn the chops 3 or 4 times during the whole process keeping them heavenly coated with sauce. Reduce heat to low temp and cover.
- Simmer 1 hour stirring periodically.
- Remove chops again and add rice and green beans, mixing together well.
- Return chops and simmer for another =hour or until meat is very tender and easy to pull from bone.
- Enjoy with a nice Greek salad!
This was a step on the wild side for me. This dish is unlike anything I have every tried before and I have to say, I was extremely pleased. I love the Cavender's seasoning and the cinnamon in the sauce lended a truly interesting flavor to the whole dish. DH was really sceptical but he and I both really enjoyed this. Thanks ;)
Great! Easy to make.
I hate to give bad reviews but this is not good at all I could not eat it and my husband said the sauce was just bad, sorry but this did not work for us and I following exactly