Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is originally from the March 2008 issue of Bon Appetit that featured "Fast, Easy, and Fresh" recipes.
- 1⁄3 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground lamb
- 4 hamburger buns, halved crosswise (or 4 small ciabatta rolls)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 1⁄3 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 4 slices red onions (1/4 inch thick)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Mix first 4 ingredients and 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in medium bowl; mix in lamb.
- Shape into 4 3/4 inch-thick patties.
- Cook patties in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes per side for medium. ( We like ours done on the grill).
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler.
- Toss spinach, feta,onion,vinegar and 1 1/2 t. oil in bowl.
- Broil buns until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Top each bun bottom with burger.
- Place salad atop burgers and cover with bun tops, pressing firmly to compact and serve.