Recipe by Chef Kate
Really easy and really delicious. Serve with tzatziki and a nice cabernet sauvignon.
Top Review by RonaNZ
Easy and delicious. I came home from a busy day, made the marinade then had a nap. 3 hours later (I was very tired!) I grilled these kebabs in the oven, made some cous cous and a salad and we were eating dinner is less than 15 mins! I used herb de Provence. Does that make it "French Lamb Brochettes"? ;) I will make these again when it's BBQ weather. I think they'll be even nicer with some crispy BBQed bits.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs boneless leg of lamb, fat and sinew trimmed
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh
- 1⁄2 large onion, grated
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon greek dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon greek dried thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut trimmed lamb into 1 and 1/2 “ inch cubes.
- Mix the lamb and the rest of the ingredients in a glass baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 and no more than 8 hours, turning the lamb occasionally.
- Preheat broiler or prepare barbecue.
- Divide lamb among six to eight skewers and arrange on grill or broiler pan.
- Paint with marinade.
- Broil to desired doneness, turning occasionally and painting with marinade, 9 minutes for medium rare, 12 minutes for medium to medium well.