Recipe by FLUFFSTER
If you have never tried Greek style cooking, you are in for a treat! Greek cooking, to me is so logical. The ingredients just seem to fall together. Please try this. If you cannot get the flavored cream cheeses, feel free to add some chopped, fresh herbs to your cream cheese. As a member stated in their review, you may use all beef in this recipe.
Top Review by burtondogs
These are delicious! Everybody raved about them. If you have to use only ground beef, you can. I can't get flavored cream cheeses, so I added 1 tsp. of finely minced garlic and 3/4 tsp. of dried mint to the sauce. It was great!
For the meatballs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
For the Cucumber Sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) containersoft cream cheese with garlic and herbs
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, shredded, well drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix meat, eggs, onions, garlic, and seasonings in large bowl til well blended.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Place the meatballs on rack in a 15x10x1 inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve with cucumber sauce.
- Cucumber Sauce:.
- Stir together cream cheese, yogurt and lemon juice in a small bowl until well drained.
- Stir in cucumbers.