1/5 Photos of Greek Island Chicken With Marinated Artichokes
bluemoon downunder's Note:
A tasty chicken dish - with a flavoursome blend of herbs, spices, vegetables and honey - which is nonetheless still reasonably low both in calories and in fat. Adapted from Paige Morehouse's recipe which appears in Prevention Healthy Cooking's 'Eat Up, Slim Down: Tried-and-true recipes and tips from real weight-loss winners' by Jane Kirby and David Joachim. Because the recipe contains several vegetables, it really is a stand-alone dish. When I've made it, I've added a bit more garlic (personal preference). The original recipe had 2 cloves of garlic; and I've included more like 8 ounces of mushrooms (again, personal preference). The original recipe had 3 ounces of mushrooms. I've always used kalamata olives when making this dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skinned
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 cup white wine
- 8 ounces bottled marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomato, dry-packed coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 ounces Greek olives, pitted, halved
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 lemon wedges or 4 lemon slices
- 1Warm the oil in a large non-stick pan (which has a lid) over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- 2Reduce the heat to medium, add the onion and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the onion has softened.
- 3Stir in the mushrooms and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the mushrooms have softened and the juices have reduced.
- 4Add the wine, artichokes, tomatoes, olives, lemon-pepper seasoning, honey, salt, oregano, cinnamon and chicken.
- 5Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- 6Uncover and cook for 5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens slightly and a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the breasts registers 70ºC/169ºF and the juices run clear.
- 7Sprinkle with the cheese and serve over rice with the lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Island Chicken With Marinated Artichokes
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.7
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 109.5 mg
- Sodium 717.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 38.1 g