Prep 6 hrs
Cook 30 mins
This is one way to grill up some chicken without the heavy barbecue sauces. Best to double the marinade and save half for basting!!!!!! YUMMO
- 1 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Greek oregano
- 2 garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 12 chicken pieces
- Combine oil, lemon juice, salt, oregano, garlic, and red pepper flakes if using, in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Put chicken pieces in a zipper plastic bag.
- Pour marinade over chicken pieces.
- Squeeze out air and seal.
- Mush the bag around with fingers to coat the chicken well.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours to overnight.
- Place on charcoal grill.
- Grill over medium coals until done, discarding the marinade of course.