Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a yummy, plain salad recipe, that features classic ingredients for greek salad. It is quick to make and very refreshing. Perfect for a hot summers day. :) I hope youll enjoy it!
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons black olives (optional, I dont use them)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground chili pepper (optional)
- 75 g feta cheese, diced (low-fat is fine)
- Combine all the vegetables in a salad bowl.
- Add oil and seasoning. Toss to coat. Top with feta cheese.
- Serve with a nice crusty bread.
Yum -- what a delicious salad. It got rave reviews from the family. I used sweet grape tomatoes and red onions. I also added a dash of red wine vinegar to the oil. The chili pepper is a great addition -- it added another layer of flavor without being too spicy. We loved this salad. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
Loved this! I have to admit, I topped it with red wine vinegar, instead of adding any oil! I did sprinkle the red pepper flakes, salt and pepper over the salad. I just left out the oil! Thanks for sharing.
yummy! I made as directed except using diced tomatoes. I did use kalamata olives (my favorite!!!). I took previous reviewers advice and added a little red wine vinegar to the oil. It was delicious, tangy and fresh! Can't wait to have this again! made for Veg'n Swap August 2011!