Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from the Australian Women's weekly. Great if you need to use up some cooked chicken, nice light meal for the hot summer months.
- 1 cos lettuce, shredded finely
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded finely
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, pitted and sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine the lettuce, chicken, onions, olives and dill in serving bowl (you will need a fairly large one).
- Combine oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper if using in a screw top jar and shake to combine.
- Add the dressing just before serving and toss gently to combine.
Fresh and flavorful - definitely a good way to use leftover chicken. I put the leftovers in a wrap and took for my lunch; much tastier than going to the deli!
This was excellent! I also added carrots and celery to it. Using a good olive oil and good olives really make this dish.