Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Not only is this a fantastic dressing for all kinds of salads even pasta salads, it also makes a wonderful meat marinade --- this dressing needs to chill for a few hours before using
- 1 cup olive oil (or use half vegetable oil and half olive oil)
- 2 -3 teaspoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use 1/2 teaspoon white salt)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar (can use a little more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- In a bowl mix all ingredients well to combine (or use a blender or processor to mix).
- Adjust the salt, black pepper and vinegar to taste.
- Let sit for a couple of hours to blend flavors.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature (or refrigerate if using fresh garlic).
I made this recipe exactly as written (with 3 cloves of garlic and with the sugar). I thought it was a bit bland, unfortunately. My husband thinks it would be good for marinating steaks, so I will let him use what I have left for that.
I enjoyed this over a nice salad. I halved the recipe and used a little more vinegar and sugar. Thanks for a yummy dressing! Made for KK"s Top 25.
Really good recipe. I added a fresh tomato and some water [very little] and pureed it in the food processer.