Recipe by Lainey39
The marinade in this recipe not only makes chops sear beautifully but also provides enticing sweet-sour balance. The chops have to marinate at least 4 hours.
Top Review by puppitypup
LOVED IT! Lainey, this were to-die-for! I absolutely loved the taste of the marinade. Thank you for posting a keeper. Made for ZWT, please see my rating system as I rate tougher than most.
- 4 bone-in pork rib chops
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped of fresh mint or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mint, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from chops.
- Place chops in resealable plastic bag set in a shallow dish.
- For marinade: In small bowl, combine honey, lemon peel, lemon juice, mint, oil, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Pour over chops.
- Seal bag; turn to coat chops.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 4-24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain chops, discarding marinade.
- For a charcoal grill, place chops on the grill rack directly over medium coals.
- Grill, uncovered, for 11-13 minutes or until chops are slightly pink in center and juices run clear, turning once halfway through grilling.
- For a gas grill, preheat grill, reduce heat to medium.
- Place chops on grill rack over heat.
- Cover and grill as above.