Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Posted for ZWT - Greece. After we shaped the burgers we froze them with my food saver. DH put them frozen on the bbq and we had tasty burgers. The red wine and dijon gives a great taste.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons red wine (dry burgundy type)
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- fried onions, for topping
- sliced tomatoes
- Mix the ground beef with the following 6 ingredients.
- Cook as per your favorite method and top with fried onions on a toasted bun. You can top with lettuce and tomatoes; mayonnaise, mustard or relish or the topping of your choice.
These were good and both DH and DS didn't complain so it was a win! Mine turned out a bit dry (even with all the added liquid) but I think it was because they turned out so thick. I did add a slice if swiss to mine and skipped the tomatoes. Made for ZWT-9.
Great burgers! I really loved the Dijon in these too. Simple and flavorful. Thanks Boomette for a nice meal. Made by an Unruly Under the Influence for ZWT6.
I love burgers! These were a little different, but, I enjoyed the flavorsome additions to the ground sirloin I used. I pan-fried these and caramelized onions for DH. He ate his without a bun, and I used a small piece of a garlic baguette. It is a nice addition to our usual burger fare. Thanks for sharing, Boomette. Made for ZWT.