Recipe by wizkid
This was a recipie in 'My Greek Kitchen' shown on t.v. Thank you Evelyn/Greece for telling me what it is called. This is eaten at times of fasting in Greece.
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup semolina
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon masticha
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- oil, to coat a pudding mould
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind the mastica with the teaspoon of sugar until it is a powder.
- Fry the almonds in a saucepan until they are golden brown.
- Remove 1/4 of the almonds (to decorate the pudding at the end).
- Add the semolina to the pan and heat for a minute.
- Add the water and the sugar and gradually bring to a boil, stirring all the time.
- When thickened add the mastica and the sugar.
- When the semolina is ready, it will bubble and be quite thick.
- Pour the mixture into a greased pudding mould and chill in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.
- Turn out onto a plate and decorate with the reserved almonds.