Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The first time I tried these I went in search for the recipe. These are great hand held Greek sandwiches and they are full of flavor. Hope you enjoy. Recipe compliments of Company's coming.
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 pita bread, cut in half
- 3⁄4 lb thinly sliced beef or 3⁄4 lb chicken breast
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup olive
- Gyro sauce: Combine the first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Chill.
- Fill pita pockets with cooked beef or cooked chicken( I often use marinated flank steak), lettuce, tomato. red onion and olives. Spoon Gyro sauce into each filled pita. Serve.
- * I sometimes place all ingredients on the pita and roll up in foil. Keeps it nice and neat and much easier to eat.