Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Grilled steak is the best to use for this salad, feel free to adjust all amounts to taste, if you prefer lots of dressing then double the ingredients using a large garlic clove.
- 3 cups cooked small shell pasta
- lettuce leaf (use as many as needed to live the plate)
- 1 small English cucumber, chopped (peel left on or removed)
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive (or brine-cured olives of choice)
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided (can use more)
- 2 beef sirloin steaks
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use white salt)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a processor until well combined; set half of the dressing aside and refrigerate to serve at the table.
- In a bowl combine the cooked shell pasta with the remaining half of the dressing, then mix in cucumber, olives, sliced onion, pimientos and 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese; toss to combine, then refrigerate while grilling the steaks.
- Grill the steaks until desired doneness; place on a plate allow to rest for 15 minutes or more, then slice thinly.
- Line a large platter plate with lettuce leaves.
- Spread the pasta mixture over the leaves, then arrange the sliced steak over the pasta.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 cup or more crumbled feta cheese over the sliced steak.
- Serve with reserved dressing.
Great recipe, loved by all, including the 2- and 4-year olds, and the skeptical DH.