Recipe by Dug
This recipie was in the local newspaper last week and it looked so good I had to try it. It's Great! The melding of lemon, oregano, garlic and olive oil can't be beat when applied to shrimp on the BBQ.
Top Review by depstein
I have made this shrimp at least 20 times because I get rave reviews from everyone who tries it! I don't adjust anything in the recipe except I use more garlic and for the dressing its too salty for me so I use half of the required amount. I let my shrimp marinate all day and its amazing on rice! Unless the shrimp gets a little dry, you really don't need the dressing unless you are putting over rice and its really nice to drizzle a bit over it. It would be nice on a salad too with the shrimp. Its a top request any time I'm entertaining!
- 2 lbs cleaned large shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon course sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or 1 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients (except the dressing) in a large bowl and marinate for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Thread shrimp on metal skewers ( or well soaked bamboo) and grill for 5-6 minutes turning often (they will turn red and opaque when done).
- Serve over rice (or better yet pilaf) with lemon wedges, pitted black olives and cherry tomatoes and drizzle with the dressing.