1/3 Photos of Greek Grilled Pita Salad
I love bread salads. This one is an unusual twist as instead of using chunks of rustic italian bread, I grill pita bread , slice it and then combine it with Greek salad musts. Yumm!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 44.37 ml red wine vinegar
- 88.74 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 0.25 ml dried red pepper flakes
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 2.46 ml salt
- 78.07 ml crumbled feta cheese
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh oregano
- 2 (14 inch) pita breads, without pockets
- 2 large vine ripe tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 236.59 ml thinly sliced red onion
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and sliced crosswise
- 78.07 ml pitted kalamata olive, cut in half
- 59.14 ml coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- 1Preheat the grill.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, pepper flakes, garlic, salt, cheese and oregano. Set aside.
- 3Place the whole pitas on the hot grill and cook on each side for about 1 1/2 minutes, or until nice grill marks form and the pitas are toasty. REmove and cut each pita in half, and then into 1 inch strips.
- 4Add the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, olives, parsley and grilled pita strips to the bowl of vinaigrette and toss together well. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Grilled Pita Salad
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.8
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 668.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 5.9 g