Recipe by iLuv2cook 2
Aahhh another FAV from GOURMET MAGAZINE. PERFECT as a SUMMERTIME GRILL APPY! Have plenty of Crusty Bread to dip into any leftover dressing! NOTE: Number of servings vary on size per lb for shrimp.
Top Review by tara portee
Very good! I put the shrimp on skewers and put them under the broiler for two minutes on each side. I served on top of Kittencal's greek lemony rice with feta. I would highly recommend to anyone.
- 3 lbs large shrimp (APPROX.7/8 SHRIMP PER LB)
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh oregano
- 3 lemons (Cut into 6 WEDGES)
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and Devein Shrimp leaving shells in place.
- Mince and mash Garlic in a Mortar and Pestle. Place in Blender with Fresh Lemon Juice and Black Pepper until smooth. With motor running, add oil in a slow stream, blending till emulsified. Transfer dressing to a bowl and add in your chopped FRESH OREGANO.
- Prepare your GRILL (Moderate Heat for GAS and Direct Heat with Med-HOT Charcoal.
- Toss Shrimp with 1/4 Cup Dressing in a Large Bowl and marinate NO more than 15 minutes(Texture of Shrimp will change if marinated longer!).
- Brush Lemon wedges with some of remaining dressing and grill till marks appear (approx 5 minutes) then transfer to large patter.
- GRILL shrimp on lighlty oiled Grill Rack, turning over once till cooked through approx 8 minutes total Transfer to platter with Lemons as grilled ~ Top with remaining dressing!