Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
"The importance of vine-ripened tomatoes goes without saying, but don't compromise with the bread, feta, or olive oil, either. This delicious sandwich deserves the best." Taken from professional-cooking.com for ZWT.
- 1 round loaf crusty bread (about 8 inches in diameter)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (approximately)
- 1⁄2 lb feta
- 1 large tomatoes (Vine-ripened)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cut four 1/2-inch-thick slices from middle of loaf and brush both sides of each slice with some oil.
- Cut enough 1/4-inch-thick slices from feta to cover 2 slices of bread and cut tomato into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Assemble 2 sandwiches with feta and tomato slices, seasoning filling with oregano, pepper, and salt.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over moderate heat until hot but not smoking and cook sandwiches until golden, about 2 minutes on each side.
Love this, love this, love this!! So simple, but so good. I wasn't sure at first how I would like feta in a grilled cheese sandwich, but I was very pleasantly surprised. I'll be making this often, for sure! Thanks for posting! Made by a fellow Hot Pink Panther for ZWT9
We enjoyed these sandwiches. Fresh Greek flavor! I added fresh basil and oregano. Made for ZWT 9.
This was really different and really good! Easy to make, I used my George Forman to grill it. It is not like any grilled cheese sandwich I have ever had, but tasty! I loved the flavor the oregano added. I'd like to try it with some other additions, like maybe avacado, or even some chicken!<br/><br/>Thanks for posting! I made this for ZWT9