Prep 2 hrs
Cook 5 mins
From the Greek Gourmet Traveler Summer 2006 edition for Kerasma. This looks like bruschetta but with a spicy cheese spread topped with pieces of green pepper. Prep time is chill time.
- 100 g cream
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes (Use Boukovo if you can find it)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons greek extra virgin olive oil
- 250 g feta
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 1 tablespoon greek extra virgin olive oil (for the peppers)
- pepper, freshly ground
- 12 slices stale bread, 6 x 2 . 5 cm
- Warm the cream in a small saucepan, taking care not to boil.
- Sauté the boukovo in the olive oil for 30 sec. over medium heat.
- Process the feta, hot cream, boukovo, and paprika at high speed until creamy. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Mix the peppers with the remaining olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Toast the bread, spread a little of the cheese spread on them and decorate each with a few peppers.