Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Greek cooking uses lots of fresh beans, and they're often the focus of the meal. This recipe makes a flavorful side dish instead. If no fresh green beans are available, you can still make the recipe by substituting two 10-oz. packages of frozen cut green beans. Just thaw and drain them and cut down the simmering time to 8 to 10 minutes.
Top Review by momaphet
These were good but seemed to lack something. I made the recipe as written except for using defrosted haricot verts . I think I might prefer reversing the cooking methods - partially cooking in water then draining and sautéing with the spices. Made for ZWT 9 by one of the Appliance Killers
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried mint
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the beans and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the remaining ingredients. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the beans are tender. Serve.