Recipe by Jules211
Thanks to LonghornMoma I'm posting this for all to try. A super easy & yummy way to make green beans. A twist on my Greek spinach. Hope you all enjoy! Can be made ahead. Serves 4 of us (but we like it a lot, lol) more like 6-8. Easily doubled. Time is a guess--start to finish is maybe 20-25 minutes.
Top Review by breezermom
I have to admit, I didn't expect these to be as good as they are! They are so quick and easy to make. I used frozen green beans and chopped red onion. I loved them. Made for TYM Tag. Thanks for the great recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans (steamed) or 29 ounces canned green beans, drained or 1 (16 ounce) package frozen green beans, cooked per pkg
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canof diced Italian tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white pearl onions or 1⁄2 cup fine chopped red onions or 1⁄2 cup any onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook your green beans fresh or frozen. If using canned skip this.
- Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan, add the onions.
- Cook until soft about 5 minutes on low.
- Add everything but feta. If using canned green beans add now.
- Simmer on low until hot.
- Add feta.
- I've done this in the oven in a casserole dish, and in a foil packet on the grill. You're basically just heating everything through.