1/2 Photos of Greek Green Beans
Thanks to LonghornMoma I'm posting this for all to try. A super easy & yummy way to make green beans. A twist on my Greek spinach. Hope you all enjoy! Can be made ahead. Serves 4 of us (but we like it a lot, lol) more like 6-8. Easily doubled. Time is a guess--start to finish is maybe 20-25 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh green beans (steamed) or 29 ounces canned green beans, drained or 1 (16 ounce) package frozen green beans, cooked per pkg
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can of diced Italian tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white pearl onions or 1/2 cup fine chopped red onions or 1/2 cup any onion
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (or more)
- 1Cook your green beans fresh or frozen. If using canned skip this.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a sauce pan, add the onions.
- 3Cook until soft about 5 minutes on low.
- 4Add everything but feta. If using canned green beans add now.
- 5Simmer on low until hot.
- 6Add feta.
- 7I've done this in the oven in a casserole dish, and in a foil packet on the grill. You're basically just heating everything through.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.5
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 8.3 mg
- Sodium 120.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 5.6 g