- 2 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 -2 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 onions, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (or more, to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash beans and break them in half or slice them lengthwise.
- Place in a large pot of cold water.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and sauté the onions until soft and translucent.
- Drain green beans and add to the skillet.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and simmer over moderate heat for about 1/2 hour.