Not your ordinary green beans!
Make and share this Greek Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- Wash beans and break them in half or slice them lengthwise.
- Place in a large pot of cold water.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet and sauté the onions until soft and translucent.
- Drain green beans and add to the skillet.
- Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Cover and simmer over moderate heat for about 1/2 hour.
This is a keeper. I reduced the recipe to 1/3 only serving 2 people. I used grape tomatoes quartered and shallots instead of the onion. It was great, should have made more! Worked well with Chicken Souvlaki (40226).
As others said, I cut the oil way down and used 1 lb can of stewed tomatoes instead of fresh. Came out great.
Very Good. Made it for Greek night. My husband loved it