Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is good! Fresh green beans are better than frozen here. Serve over brown rice and pass lemon wedges and feta cheese to top with.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, cut in 1 cubes
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and green pepper and cook until softened.
- Add tomatoes, green beans and garlic. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook until beans are tender 12-15 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
What a wonderful way to fix fresh green beans! They were very tasty and easy to do. This was served as part of a Greek night at my house and went very well with Moussaka. Thanks Diva dicentra for a wonderful new side dish. :)