The ultimate showdown. My original recipe created after a satisfying glass of cream sherry and inspiration from the music of Duke Ellington. **Warning: salad uses raw egg.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pita pocket bread, baked
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, minced (NOT dried)
- 2/3 cup kefalotiri or 2/3 cup mizithra cheese, grated
- 2 cups loose leaf lettuce, torn
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh Greek oregano, minced
- 1Prepare the salad dressing. In small blender or using hand held immersion blender mix ingredients until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate until ready to use. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat the pita bread with a little bit of olive oil and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until browned and crispy. Set aside to cool then break up into bite size pieces. Set aside to cool.
- 3Wash lettuce and spinach, use a salad spinner to remove excess moisture and place in large salad bowl. In the salad bowl add the mint, all the cheese except for 2 tablespoons, parsley, oregano and the cooled pita "croutons".
- 4Toss the salad dressing with the salad ingredients. Garnish the top with the remaining 2 tablespoons of cheese. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Great Caesar Salad
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.7
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 57.7 mg
- Sodium 289.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 7.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar