1 hr 25 mins
This recipe is creamy, tangy and full of flavour, the amount of nutrition this meal packs isn’t too shabby either. Adapted from The Coup Cookbook(and their restaurant in Alberta, Canada).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup brown rice (cooked in 2 cups vegetable broth or water or another grain of your choosing)
- 1 cup puy lentils (French green, cooked in 2 cups of broth or water)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes (rehydrated or oil packed)
- 1/2 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons capers
- 1 medium sized tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 3 large kale leaves, roughly chopped (or another seasonal green of your choosing)
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- kalamata olives and lemon wedge (to garnish)
Tahini Lemon Garlic Sauce
- 1Cook rice (or other grain) and lentils according to package directions; lentils should take approximately 35 to 45 minutes.
- 2Drain and set aside.
- 3Prepare the Tahini Lemon Garlic Sauce (see below).
- 4In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and sauté the red onion for a few minutes. Add the garlic, red pepper, capers and sundried tomatoes, sauté until the onions and peppers have softened, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- 5Add in the cooked lentils and Tahini Lemon Garlic Sauce and bring the skillet up to medium high heat. Cook until the sauce begins to bubble, then add in the tomato, cucumber, kale and sauté until kale begins to wilt. (I might try leaving the cucumber and maybe tomato raw in this recipe).
- 6Remove from heat and mix in the parsley, season with salt and pepper.
- 7Portion rice in bowls and place lentil mixture over top. Garnish with olives and lemon wedges.
- 8Tahini Lemon Garlic Sauce:.
- 9In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Goddess Bowl
Serving Size: 1 (1136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.1
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 703.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 17.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: