Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is creamy, tangy and full of flavour, the amount of nutrition this meal packs isn’t too shabby either. Adapted from The Coup Cookbook(and their restaurant in Alberta, Canada).
- 1 cup brown rice (cooked in 2 cups vegetable broth or water or another grain of your choosing)
- 1 cup puy lentils (French green, cooked in 2 cups of broth or water)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes (rehydrated or oil packed)
- 1⁄2 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons capers
- 1 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cucumber, chopped
- 3 large kale leaves, roughly chopped (or another seasonal green of your choosing)
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- kalamata olives and lemon wedge (to garnish)
Tahini Lemon Garlic Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Cook rice (or other grain) and lentils according to package directions; lentils should take approximately 35 to 45 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Prepare the Tahini Lemon Garlic Sauce (see below).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add olive oil and sauté the red onion for a few minutes. Add the garlic, red pepper, capers and sundried tomatoes, sauté until the onions and peppers have softened, being careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add in the cooked lentils and Tahini Lemon Garlic Sauce and bring the skillet up to medium high heat. Cook until the sauce begins to bubble, then add in the tomato, cucumber, kale and sauté until kale begins to wilt. (I might try leaving the cucumber and maybe tomato raw in this recipe).
- Remove from heat and mix in the parsley, season with salt and pepper.
- Portion rice in bowls and place lentil mixture over top. Garnish with olives and lemon wedges.
- Tahini Lemon Garlic Sauce:.
- In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients together until smooth.