Recipe by Busy Lindsay
A greek salad with greens. It is healthy, tastey and makes a great side or main dish. Easily a hit at BBQs and potlucks. It is great without the greens too.
Top Review by Sharon123
Had this for a light supper and it was yummy! I halved the recipe, and later added some homemade Italian dressing to the mix. Thanks for a great Greek salad! Made for My 3 Chefs event, June 2012.
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced into half rounds
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and quartered
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 3⁄4 cup grape tomatoes or 3⁄4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 cups mixed salad greens, torn
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the beans, olives and all the veggies together in a large bowl.
- Whisk all salad dressing ingredients together and pour over veggies.
- Add feta and toss to coat all the ingredients with the dressing and serve
- To make salad ahead of time: Make the dressing and store in a salad shaker or glass jar in the fridge. Shake dressing mix well just before pouring over salad. Mix chopped cuccumber, onion, olives, bell pepper and beans ahead of time and store in an air tight container in the fridge until ready to serve. When ready to serve add chilled veggies over mixed salad greens, then add tomatoes, cheese and dressing. Tos to coat and servce.