Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This dessert is very popular here in summer. The secret is the use of buttermilk and Greek yoghurt, creating layers that are creamy, slightly sour/sweet and utterly delicious - better make two of these! This recipe is dedicated to Chef Kate who loves all things JELLO!!! Refrigeration time is not included.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon gelatin or 1 (3 ounce) package pineapple gelatin mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 lb peach, drained and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (6 3/4 ounce) packagejell-o orange gelatin
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cups Greek yogurt (sour cream can be subbed)
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- Make first layer: Empty packet of lemon jello into a bowl and add 1 cup boiling water. Allow jello to soften a bit and then whisk until gelatin has completely melted. Add buttermilk and place in refrigerator to start setting. After about 1 hour, add diced peaches and mix. Pour into a bundt pan and place in refrigerator.
- Make second layer: Empty 1 1/2 packets of strawberry jello in a large bowl. Add 1 cup boiling water. Allow jello to soften a bit and then whisk until gelatin has completely melted. Add 1 cup orange juice and whisk in 2 cups greek yoghurt. Place bowl in refrigerator to start setting. After about 1 hour, gently mix in sliced bananas and toasted nuts. Pour over first layer in bundt pan and put into refrigerator for atleast 4 hours to set properly.
- Unmold by dipping bundt pan quickly into a larger container containing hot water, and then turning out onto a platter.
Simpley wonderful Ev! I used Greek yogurt of coarse and omitted the almond extract as I ran out of it and did not have any! I whipped this up early in the morning and served it for an after dinner dessert, we loved it! thanks for sharing hon!...Kitten:)