Recipe by MilanzMom
Easy, cheesy egg dish. Found this one in Foodfit.
Top Review by amberluv29
This was the best frittata i've had so far.The recipe doesn't say when to cook the onions so i cooked them before adding the spinach to the oil and i added some tomato to the egg mixture. Thank you for this tasty recipe MilanzMom!!!!
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups spinach, washed, tough stems removed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the spinach, season with salt and pepper. Toss quickly until leaves are barely wilted, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat, drain and set aside.
- Whisk the eggs, cheese, oregano, salt and pepper together until thoroughly combined.
- In an 8" or 10" ovenproof skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and turn the heat to low.
- Add the egg mixture (do not stir) and cook over low heat until the eggs are set, about 15 to 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the broiler.
- Place the skillet under the broiler for 30 to 45 seconds to finish cooking the top.