Recipe by snickels
This came as a request from a friend for her birthday after she came back from Greece. I don't normally like oregano but i like a little on these.
- 16 ounces frozen french fries
- olive oil
- oregano (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste) or paprika (to taste)
For tzatziki sauce
- 1 cup yogurt (I use strained Greek yogurt when i can or just strain my own in cheese cloth overnight)
- 1⁄2 lemons, juice of or 2 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
- 1⁄2 seedless cucumber, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint (can use dry but fresh is always better) or 2 tablespoons fresh dill (can use dry but fresh is always better)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill shallow pan with 1/2 to 1 inch of olive oil (the stuff in the big tin jug on the bottle shelf of the store -- don't waste the really good stuff).
- Heat oil to 350 (or until bubbles form around a wooden spoon).
- Fry bag of french fries to desired level of brown and drain on paper towels.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, paprika, and oregano.
- To make the tzatziki sauce you can either chop everything by hand and mix or throw it all in the food processor and pulse a few times. I like garlic so I usually add more.