Recipe by teapotter
This one sounds good but haven't tried it and is one I am posting so I know where to find it again. This is one is dated 1978 on the original.
- 2 slices feta cheese, 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small pita bread round, halved
- 1⁄4 cup seeded diced cucumber, approximately
- 1⁄4 cup seeded diced tomato, approximately
- 1⁄2 cup shredded lettuce, approximately
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend yogurt and garlic together and set aside.
- Warm the pita. In a small skillet melt butter and saute feta just until heated through.
- Fill the pita with the diced cucumber, diced tomato and shredded lettuce. Add the feta cheese. Top with the yogurt. Makes 1 sandwich.