Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The taste of Greece without the long plane ride
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb cod, rinsed and dried
- spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive
- lemon wedge
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, and oregano in a small bowl.
- Place fish in 10-inch skillet and pour oil mixture over fish.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes when pierced with a fork Meanwhile, line a plate with spinach leaves.
- Place fish on spinach and pour liquid over the fish.
- Garnish with olives and lemon wedges.
Very nice Summer dish. I used sheepshead (fish) instead of cod. Will definately serve again.
Loved this recipe. Being from southern Louisiana a lot of fish is cooked in a garlic and butter based sauce. We used fresh red snapper which is a great fish. The change was wonderful and everyone loved it!
Very tasty, very quick! If you're a lover of greek food this is for you! Thank you so much for the recipe!