Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adopted from Recipezaar, February 2005. Haven't had time to try yet.
Make and share this Greek Fish recipe from Food.com.
- firm white fish fillet (like cod, monkfish, halibut, etc)
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes
- fresh garlic or bottled garlic
- dried oregano
- crumbled feta cheese
- Spray a baking dish with vegetable spray; place fish fillets in one layer in dish (fold under any very thin sections to keep thickness uniform.) In a small bowl, slightly crush or mash tomatoes; add oregano and garlic to taste.
- Spread tomato mixture over fish.
- Top with crumbled feta cheese.
- bake in 350 oven for about 30 minutes; check for doneness by inserting a fork in the thickest part of the fish, pull fork back slightly and check to see that fish flakes easily and is opaque all the way through.
I like trying out fish recipes. This did not appeal to me at all after I made it!!!
We liked this easy fish meal, I used 1 400 gram can of crushed tomatoes for 4 pieces of gurnard. Tasty low fat meal.
I really liked this recipe. It was quick and easy and I like the tomato/feta combintion. Even my sons(11&7) liked it.