Recipe by Mom2Rose
Top Review by happynana
Nice treat! I used Pillsbury Creation Dough instead of crescent rolls and made then into 12 verses 24. Mine baked in 14 minutes. Next time I might put a small layer of italian dressing on each roll before adding feta mixture. Thanks for a nice treat M2R! Made for M2R's win in The Best of 2008 Cookbook Swap.
- 4 ounces feta cheese with dried basil and tomato, finely crumbled (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In small bowl, mix feta cheese, green onions and 3 tablespoons of the beaten egg.
- Do not unroll dough; separate long roll into 2 shorter rolls at center perforations.
- Unroll 1 roll until 1 rectangle can be separated from the roll.
- Refrigerate remaining dough.
- Press dough into 7 1/2 x 5 inch rectangle, pressing diagonal perforations to seal.
- Cut rectangle into 6 (2 1/2 inch) squares.
- Top each dough square with slightly rounded measuring teaspoon of feta cheese mixture.
- Fold dough over filling, forming triangle; press edges to seal.
- On ungreased cookie sheets, place triangles 2 inches apart.
- Repeat with remaining 3 dough rectangles and feta cheese mixture.
- Brush tops with remaining beaten egg ad sprinkle lightly with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown; serve warm.