Recipe by AZPARZYCH
I found this in my Taste of Home: Best Ever Casseroles book that I received from the 2010 Cookbook Swap. Posting for ZWT6 Greece.
Top Review by WiGal
Love casseroles on a crisp sunny fall day and this made our day perfect! Nice gooey cheese-yum! I seasoned the pork with 1/4 teaspoon pepper and 1 minced garlic. I used a marinara sauce with 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon which we LOVED so don't wimp out on that. Made in a 1 1/2 quart casserole. The key ingredient is your choice of tomato sauce. Thank you AZPARZYCH for another great casserole.
- 1⁄2 cup elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, milk and 1/4 cup cheese; stir in macaroni.
- Transfer to a greased 3-cup baking dish.
- In a skillet, cook pork and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce and cinnamon.
- Pour over macaroni mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 12-16 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through.