Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From R. Reisman
Make and share this Greek Feta Burgers (Light) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh chives or 1⁄4 cup green onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 egg
- Preheat grill or grill pan. Spray with cooking spray.
- In a nonstick frying pan sprayed with cooking spray, cook mushrooms and onions over medium-high heat for 4 minutes, or until softened and browned. Remove from heat. Stir in feta.
- In a bowl, stir together beef, chives, oregano, barbecue sauce, breadcrumbs, garlic, and egg. Stir in onion mixture. Form into 5 patties.
- Grill patties over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Patties can also be placed on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray and baked in centre of preheated 450°F/230°C oven for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cooked through, turning once.
We loved these, and loved the fact that they were baked, so I'll certainly be making them again. A great blend of flavours. And very clear instructions. Naughtily, I used regular Greek feta not reduced-fat feta as I find that so many low-fat, non-fat, reduced-fat cheeses are so horribly bland that I'd have been better off not including them at all! So the feta in these - combined with the other great flavours - tasted just wonderful! I made six slightly smaller burgers. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Redsie! The only major change I'll make next time will be to double the recipe, so that there are some for the freezer.
Lovely moist burger. I wish I could taste the feta more, but that could have been due to the type of feta I have. Had a little trouble deciding what condiments to use. I settled on some tzatziki and lettuce. :)
There were very moist and delicious burgers! Next time I will add some paprika. With this recipe I added Greek salad dressing for an extra boost of Greek flavor and they were great! Thanks for a great burger. I also served them on Potato roll that made them extra good I think!