A nice alternative to ground lamb, which can be very expensive. Serve with cucumber sauce, Cucumber Sauce I found this recipe online and haven't had a chance to try it yet.
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 3 tablespoons crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese (I use the already seasoned garlic and herb version)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons snipped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 whole wheat hamburger bun, split and toasted, unless you want both top and bottom bun
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 2 slices tomatoes
- thin slivers red onion (optional)
- Prepare Recipe #492963 set aside. In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, cheese, parsley, garlic, and pepper. Shape mixture into two 1/2-inch-thick patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook patties over medium-high heat for 4 minutes per side or until desired doneness. I like mine medium to medium rare. Your choice, of course. Line cut sides of bun halves with spinach. Top with burgers, tomato slices, and sauce. If desired, garnish with red onion.