Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a quick pasta dish to make. If you have leftovers, just add a little wine vinegar and have it for lunch.
- 4 cups bow tie pasta or 4 cups medium pasta shells
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup sliced olive (optional)
- Cook pasta for 6- 8 minutes or until tender but firm.
- Drain and return to pot, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet; cook garlic and oregano for about 30 seconds or just until garlic starts to brown.
- Add garlic mixture to pasta along with feta, tomatoes, parsley and olives; toss to coat, adding enough of the reserved pasta water to moisten.
This is an easy, yet elegant dish. The feta cheese and garlic make a great combination with the cherry tomatoes and olives. A great meal for those hot days, like here in Florida, when a heavy sauce is just too much. As far as olives, I used ripe, black ones. The leftovers were great served cold!
This was delish! I had so many cherry tomatoes left on my plants and happened to have a container of feta cheese, so it was the perfect recipe! I had it both hot and leftover cold for lunch the next day and really preferred it hot. Wonderful taste and so easy to prepare.
Excellent! I made this for dinner tonight along with a green salad and broiled salmon. My husband loved the dish and requested that I make it "often." It is also delicious cold and would make a wonderful potluck dish. Next time I may add some toasted pinenuts to the top. Definitely a keeper!