Recipe by Redsie
From Family Circle. If tomatoes not in season, could replace fresh tomatoes by 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes.
Top Review by NMDC
I loved it as well! I added a little more wine and about half a cup of tomato juice to make more sauce. I also mixed some chicken pieces to the sauce. It was very tasty! Thank you for the recipe!
- 1⁄2 lb thin spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 fresh plum tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil and lightly salt. Prepare spaghetti following package directions.
- Remove 1/4 cup of the cooking water and reserve; drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring so garlic does not burn.
- Stir in tomatoes, oregano and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add wine and cook for 1 minute.
- Add feta cheese, spaghetti and reserved water and toss with pepper.
- Serve immediately.