Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This quick and easy recipe--prepares in less than 10 minutes and cooks in about 5--is so full of flavor. Ground lamb, feta, green olives and fresh herbs make a culinary explosion in you month. Place them on top jasmine rice.
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green olives
- 1⁄4 cup chopped black olives
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- Preheat oven's broiler.
- Mix all the ingredients in large bowl.
- Shape into medium sized meatballs--no bigger then a golf ball.
- Place the meatballs two inches apart on a baking sheet.
- Broil about 3 inches away from heat until they are golden brown on the top, about 3 to 4 minutes depending on the size of the meatball.
- Turn the ball over and broil the other side.
- Best served on Mediterranean jasmine rice or with cheese crackers and wine, a nice merlot.
I cooked this for my family the other night - however i used beef mince i had in the freezer and all black olives - i also made a tomato sauce to have on top and served with a fresh salad - everyone loved them and there was even enough for cold leftovers the next day!
Puting every thing together literaly took just a few minutes. It made for a fast and good lunch. I followed the recipe except to give it a slight midestern twist I added 3/4 tsp cumin, 3/4 tsp black peper 1/8 tsp cinnomon, 1 tsp galic minced and 1/4 tsp of salt.The salt was alittle to much so next time i will halfit. I also left the Italian herbs out and added oregano and mint , next time i will aad corriander instead of mint.I shaped it into 3 huge plump patties. I drizzled a tiny amount off melted ghee on the grilling side, it ensured even browning, the patties were crispy on the outside and very juicy on the inside.I grilled it for nearly 15 minutes per side. and served them on burgur roll with hummus and garlic mayo and a salad. Thank you for a quick and lovely lunch idea.
I didn't see the instructions regarding the size of these, so I just shaped them into 8 plump burgers. They had quite a crisp outside where the feta had browned and were really moist and juicy inside. The olives, feta and herbs gave them a really delicious flavour. I used mint and oregano rather than the Italian herbs, as I thought that would give them a more Greek flavour.