Recipe by darthlaurie
Every September Salt Lake has an amazing Greek Festival. Back in 2001 I got a pamphlet of Greek recipes from the festival. This rice pilaf is very similar to the rice pilaf served at my favorite Greek restaurant. Opa!
Top Review by little lg
Love this Recipe...I did a few modifications....I sauteed a chopped onion and a few garlic cloves in the butter with the rice, then added 2 tsps of homemade greek seasoning along with the stock and lemon juice...At the very end I added lots of chopped flat leaf parsley and oregano, and the juice and zest of another lemon, and checked for salt and pepper....Tonight I'm going to toss in some peas at the end...my family can't get enough of this!!
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 2 cups uncooked rice (Uncle Ben's long grain converted rice works well)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 5 cups hot chicken broth
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a heavy skillet. When it's hot, add the rice and, stirring constantly, saute on medium heat until transparent but not brown.
- Add the lemon juice, chicken broth, and salt.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let pilaf stand uncovered for 5 minutes before serving.