Recipe by CarrolJ
This hearty bean and vegetable soup is both colorful and delicious. The original recipe was found at EatGreekTonight.com. Posted for ZWT #6--2010. Preparation time does NOT include overnight soaking of the beans.
Top Review by UmmBinat
This was good. DH liked it. I did use some homemade chicken broth but mostly water & sea salt. Made for Family Picks, ZWT6 Greece/Cyprus region, for my team, The Ya Ya Cookerhood.
- 2 1⁄4 cups dried navy beans (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups carrots (sliced in rounds)
- 2 cups celery (chopped in 1 inch pieces)
- 2 cups celery leaves (chopped coarsely)
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium tomatoes (finely chopped)