nannie jo's Note:
This is a very easy and tasty Greek recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 small eggplants
- 1 cup plain yogurt, Greek if you can get it
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 6 tablespoons chopped kalamata olives, if you wish you can use the same amount of chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped fine
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Prick eggplant once with a knife.
- 3Place on a baking sheet and roast until the skin is wrinkled and eggplant has collapsed, about one hour.
- 4Remove and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- 5Slit eggplant open length wise and scrape pulp out and finely chop.
- 6Place into a large bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
- 7Cover and chill for several hours.
- 8Serve with pita toasts.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Eggplant (Aubergine) and Yogurt Spread
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.4
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 126.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 5.2 g